Join & Membership
theBahrain.com - Friends™ is an online global community where you are able to find new friends, romance, or a travel partner in a fun, safe and secure environment.
It's free to join and become a member.
Click on the Join link and complete the registration form.
Note: Your Username is the name that other members will see. For your safety, please do not provide your full name.
Your membership allows you to:
- Create and modify your profile for free
- Make contact and reply to other members.
- List your favourite and contacted profiles
- Receive a free weekly Matchfinder e-mail of new members who match your criteria (will be added soon)
- Receive member newsletters containing tips, new features, services and special offers (will be added soon)
Your personal information is secure and confidential, and we provide an anonymous double-blind e-mail system where your e-mail address is not revealed.
Your membership details can be modified at any time, and profile can make as invisible to others.
Please ensure you read the theBahrain.com - Friends™ Member Terms & Conditions located on the Join or Member Home pages regarding site use. This site is part of a global theBahrain.com network.
You can use search functions of the site without logging in,
however, you will need to login to make use of all of the site services.
If you have a profile, it will update your last login date on the site, indicating that
you are an active member, and prioritise your profile higher in the search results.
As with most Internet sites which have a login option, cookies must be enabled on your browser.
Trouble logging in?
- Check your login details with the site:
Please make sure you've logged onto the site where you created your membership.
- Are your cookies enabled?
If you're still having problems, check to see that your cookies on your browser are enabled. Click on the Help link at the top of your browser window and do a search for Cookies to see whether these are enabled correctly.
Forgot your login details?
As soon as you login, you will be taken to your personal member homepage,
My home. This page provides access to all the features and services of the site and displays your Member ID,
your purchase products as well as informing you of other services.
It also contains links to create or modify My profile,
My membership details and more. Click on the My home tab to return to this page at any time
It's free to create a profile, which is how other members find out about you.
The available options to manage your profile will be highlighted in the left navigation column.
- Profile status: Your profile status is displayed on this page indicating the current status
of your profile. You do not need a profile to contact other members, however,
this is the only way they can find out about you.
- Create profile: follow the steps to create a profile.
All profiles are manually approved for appropriate content, generally within 48 hours.
- Modify profile: follow the steps to modify your profile.
All modifications are manually approved for appropriate content, generally within 48 hours.
- Preview profile: once you've created
a profile, you can see how it will look on the site.
- Upload photo: lets you add a photo to your profile.
Make sure you upload a recent photo of yourself.
- Remove your photo:
click on this option to remove your photo from your profile.
- Hide profile:
use this facility if you want some time out;
your profile will no longer be visible on the site, however, you can re-activate it at any time.
- Unhide profile:
this will re-activate your profile so it will be visible across the network again.
Once your profile is approved, you will be sent an e-mail requesting you to confirm your e-mail address.
If you do not do this, you will be unable to contact members and members will be unable to contact you until this has been confirmed.
Creating a Profile
A profile allows others to find out about you.
It's free, and easy to create by completing the four pages.
- Select your profile language from the options provided. (At present English only)
You must complete your entire profile in this language in order for it to be approved.
- There are a series of questions that allow you to select your age, marital status, appearance, background, your interests and the type of relationship you are seeking.
- Finally, there are three sections that allow you to write about yourself.
Below are a few suggestions to help you write your perfect profile.
Begin by describing who you are, your personality and how you spend your time.
You may want to write about your interests or hobbies, your work, family or friends, your travels and where you grew up.
In more detail describe your appearance.
Be more specific on your height, lifestyle and body type?
What do you think your best features are?
What you are seeking from a relationship?
What is important and acceptable to you? What about their values or morals?
What type of personality and appearance do you prefer? What interests, hobbies, or travels do you want to share?
Remember to be a part of the Featured Profiles.
Once you click on the submit button, your profile will be manually approved for appropriate content within 48 hours.
Many members search by photos only, so add a photo of yourself by clicking the Upload a Photo link, and follow the prompts.
Make sure that you select a recent photo.
A featured profile can appear in Newsletters and theBahrain.com - Friends™ partner channels, increasing your chances of being seen by other quality singles!
To be considered for our Featured Profile, your profile must contain a clear, attractive photo of yourself alone. Your profile must be well written and contain no obscenities. Please ensure your profile clearly describes the type of person you're looking for, including gender preference.
All profiles and photos are manually approved for appropriate content.
To read through our definition of what is appropriate content, click here.
Your nominated Profile Language (at present English only) must be used when creating your profile.
Any profiles containing other languages will not be approved.
All profiles will undergo approval within 48 hours, and you will receive an e-mail to confirm the status of your profile.
You can modify or update your profile as often as you wish, however, each time it is
submitted it will be reprocessed again for appropriate content.
You can Search the profiles within the network, without being logged in.
There are three ways to find members across the network:
- Easy search This lets you search by gender, age group and location,
and provides the widest possible search results.
The Easy search function also allows you to view profiles with or without a photo and members who have purchased the ContactMe option.
- Member search: Lets you search a specific Username or Member ID.
- Advanced Search: Narrows down your search results, to include the type of relationship you are seeking, race, religion, height, body type, marital status and whether they have a photo;
be careful not to be too specific as it may result in no matches.
Once you have found a profile you like, click on the name to view their full profile.
Favourites helps you keep a record of both the members that you're interested in, and those with whom you've made contact.
As you Browse or Search and come across members that you may want to contact, click on the Favourites link and these profiles will be added to this page. When you're ready to contact them, click on the "Make contact" or "View members profile" icon beside the members details.
Members in your favourites list who become unavailable due to updating their profile will appear in a separate list below. When the member has been re-approved, they will appear in the top list.
A short summary of the members details are displayed for easy reference, including a link to their profile. To remove a member from either list, simply click on the "Delete this members profile" icon beside the members details.
My contacts helps you keep a record of both the members that you've contacted, and those who have made contact with you.
As you start contacting members and receiving contacts from other members, click on the My contacts link and these members will be added to this page.
Only the most recent 100 contacts in each category are displayed. To view older contacts you must delete existing contacts from the list, however you can still e-mail members after deleting them from your list by clicking on the Contact this member button on the Profile page.
- Members I have contacted: If you have already contacted a profile, you will be able to contact them again by clicking on the "Send an e-mail" icon beside the members details or if you want to view their profile click on the "View Profile" icon.
- Members who have contacted me: Members who have contacted you will be in this list, you will be able to contact them again by clicking on the "Send an e-mail" icon beside the members details or if you want to view their profile click on the "View Profile" icon.
A short summary of the members details are displayed for easy reference, including a link to their profile. To remove a member from either list, simply click on the Delete this Profile button beside the members details.
Matchfinder (will be added soon)
Matchfinder is a free weekly e-mail delivered to your inbox featuring new members who have joined the network and match your search criteria, based on age, gender and location.
To change your Matchfinder search preferences, click on the Matchfinder link and nominate your selection preferences.
In addition, you can also modify or disable your Matchfinder e-mail using the links located at the top of the Matchfinder e-mail that you receive.
You can also disable the Matchfinder e-mail by modifying My membership or clicking on the Disable Matchfinder button on the Matchfinder page.
If you have disabled Matchfinder and wish to receive it again, log onto the site, click on Matchfinder and reselect your search criteria.
There are three ways to initiate contact with other members. You need to be a member who has confirmed their e-mail address and logged into the site to initiate contact.
- Contact this member:
To make contact, click on the Contact this member button located near the top of a members profile.
This will display a text box for typing your message in to initiate contact with that member.
- Send a Virtual Kiss: (will be added soon)
It's free to send a Virtual Kiss and most profiles feature a Send a Virtual Kiss button,
however before you send a Virtual Kiss you will require an active profile.
When you click on the Virtual Kiss link, it will send the member an e-mail indicating that you are interested in them and also a
link to your profile.
It's free to send a Virtual Kiss, however, if the member wants to respond
to you they will need to purchase one of our contact products, unless you have purchased the ContactMe
option whereby it's free for that member to reply to you.
- ContactMe: Many members participate on the ContactMe option, which means that it is free and you do not require
purchase one of our contact products to contact them. These members will have a ContactMe icon near the
top of their profile. The Search section also contains a search feature for those members who are on the
ContactMe list. Click on the Contact for Free button on the member's profile to initiate contact.
How to send an e-mail to a member
We respect your privacy and will keep your actual e-mail address confidential.
Other members will never see it or your real name displayed at theBahrain.com - Friends™, and all written communication from other members will be directed to your inbox that we provide for you theBahrain.com - Friends™, then our double-blind, anonymous e-mail system will forward the messages to your registered e-mail address.
Type your message in the text box provided on the theBahrain.com - Friends™ site and click the send button when you have finished. This sends an anonymous e-mail to that member and includes a link to your profile (if available) as well as your anonymous e-mail address. Any reply from that member will be forwarded through our double blind system to the e-mail address you have supplied on your membership of theBahrain.com - Friends™.
PLEASE NOTE: You can only send anonymous e-mail from your confirmed e-mail address that you registered with. This is one of a number of security measures theBahrain.com - Friends™ uses to prevent others from impersonating you on our service. If you want to send e-mail from an e-mail address other than your registered e-mail address, you will first need to change it in the My membership page.
Reply to an e-mail from a member: You can hit the "reply" but be careful as by doing this, you may be sending your actual e-mail address!
HELP US PROTECT YOUR ANONYMITY! Be sure to turn off your auto-signatures and auto-responders. Make certain not to copy (cc:) or forward e-mail to yourself when you send a message from your own program. When you reply to an e-mail through our new system, your real e-mail address will be removed from the "From" line, so the recipient will see only: admin@theBahrain.com ™.
Receiving e-mail from a member: You will receive anonymous e-mail at your registered e-mail address, exactly like a regular e-mail message.
Saving e-mail messages: We keep a reference of members you have contacted and members who have contacted you, however, we do not save e-mail sent through theBahrain.com - Friends™. If you want to save e-mail messages that you have sent and received, save copies on your own computer as you would save any other e-mail, or copy and paste the content of your e-mail to a document that you can save.
Note - Until you confirm your e-mail address:
- You will be unable to initiate contact with other members
- Members will be unable to contact you
- Your profile will not be searchable or appear in Matchfinders
Your e-mail privacy
This is the key to a successful online dating experience. To ensure the best matching experience possible, please be mindful of potential issues with unsolicited e-mail.
There are four important things you should know:
- Never reveal your real e-mail address to another member until you've established a trusting relationship. To communicate with other members, either press the "Send E-mail" button in the member's profile or click "Reply" in your e-mail application. When you use the "Reply" button to respond to an e-mail, delete all text from the body of your message, including header information, which may include your actual e-mail address.
- Never include your e-mail address within the context of your profile. To protect your privacy, theBahrain.com - Friends™ prohibits profiles that include any direct contact information, including e-mail addresses. Refer to our profile guidelines for more detail.
- Report any profile that asks you for your e-mail address. theBahrain.com - Friends™ prohibits profiles that solicit e-mail addresses. If you encounter such profiles, please report them immediately to email@example.com.
- Report any e-mail that asks you for your e-mail address. theBahrain.com - Friends™ only requests your e-mail address when you initiate contact with us. If you encounter other e-mails that request your e-mail address, please report them immediately to firstname.lastname@example.org. When possible please include the original e-mail in your correspondence.
Block a member
If you would like to block a member from sending you any more e-mails or a member who has sent you rude/offensive e-mail(s), we advise you to use the BLOCK SENDER function on your e-mail browser so you will not receive further communication from them.
We do encourage all members to treat each other with respect and in a cordial fashion. The vast majority of our members are seeking quality and harmonious friendships or relationships
Many e-mail browsers have a function called "Block Sender", which allows you to block any e-mails coming from them. If you're using Hotmail, click on the OPTIONS navigation button, click on the Block Sender option, and follow the directions. If you're using Microsoft Outlook, click on TOOLS in the navigation bar, then the MESSAGE RULES option and follow the steps to block an e-mail address. For other e-mail programs, please click on the HELP option or contact your service provider.
(will be added soon)
Virtual Kiss is a way of getting other members you're interested in to take a look at your profile.
It's free to send a Virtual Kiss, however, you require an active profile to use this feature.
Most profiles have a button under their profile photo to Send a Virtual Kiss.
When you click on this button, it sends an e-mail to this member with a link to your profile.
The member can then click on the link to view your profile.
If they are interested, they will need to purchase one of the contact products, unless you have purchased the ContactMe option.
Members have the option to disable Virtual Kiss. On My home page click on the My membership link then scroll down and select the option to disable this Virtual Kiss.
Safety & Privacy
Our network provides a safe, secure and anonymous environment to make contact with other members.
To help safeguard members' privacy, we do not allow profiles to contain any personal contact
information such as your e-mail address or telephone number.
We strongly recommend that you use an anonymous e-mail address that does not contain your name.
Meeting people online through our network is safe and secure - provided you take some common
A Guide to Making Online Friends
Our network provides a safe, secure and anonymous place to meet new friends, form meaningful relationships and even find that special someone.
Here are some effective ways to protect your safety and enjoy your new experiences:
- Get an anonymous e-mail account: Never post your full name on the site, or on your e-mail account. Check to see it's not displayed as the sender's name in an e-mail inbox by doing a test e-mail to yourself.
- Get to know someone first: Use e-mail to really find out about someone before you exchange personal contact information. If you do call someone, remember to block caller ID both mobile/cellular phones and standard phones.
- Ask for more photos: Do the photos match the details you were given? Be careful about giving out your address if they offer to send you more photos. Have them sent via e-mail.
- Don't feel pressured: Only exchange contact details or arrange to meet when you're really comfortable you know enough about them. If they're interested, they'll respect your preference to take it slow.
- Dealing with unwanted attention: If you no longer wish to pursue communication, let them know, kindly but firmly. If they persist, use the Block Sender function on your e-mail browser. If they continue to call, check your call display to see who's calling, or screen calls with your answering machine. If you feel threatened or are concerned for your safety, contact your local authorities immediately.
For the first meeting
- Always meet in very public places: Be near other people. If someone suggests a quiet meeting place, wait until you get to know them better.
- Use your own transportation: Make your own arrangements to and from the meeting place. Arrive alone, leave alone, and don't give anyone your address until you are absolutely certain you know them.
- Careful mentioning your living arrangements: If you do mention you live alone and exchange addresses, mention that you have an 'nosey neighbour', or that friends always drop by unexpectedly.
- Think ahead: Anticipate some snags, and pre-plan your response. Remember, if you feel uncomfortable, you have no obligation to stay any longer.
- Let someone know your plans: Tell someone who you are going to be with, including name, phone number and where you're going. Agree to be home at a certain hour, or to call someone to let them know you will be late.
Traveling overseas to meet your "mate"
- Make out a detailed itinerary: Provide family or friends with a day-by-day itinerary of what you'll be doing, where you'll be staying and how they can contact you. Provide contact details that aren't those of the person you're going to meet.
- Arrange to call family/friends at home: Arrange a call time, taking into account international time differences. Make sure you do call, regardless of what "obstacles" may come up.
- Be aware of social/cultural and religious differences: Discuss these before you go, and make sure that your values and expectations are mutual.
Our global theBahrain.com - Friends™ network
This site is part of the theBahrain.com network, a global online community powered by theBahrain.com.
All profiles are stored in a central database, and not shared across any network.
All members agree to the same Member Terms and Conditions to ensure a forum of quality, appropriate content to protect the integrity of the entire membership base.
Please note that your profile will be visible on all our theBahrain.com - Friends™ network.